The mesothelioma types occurs in three form, based on which mesothelioma is categorized into three which area Pleural, Pericardial and peritoneal mesothelioma:The affected part of the internal body organ that the mesothelioma types can be found are listed below. Feel free to check them up to understand it deadly effect of mesothelioma on the internal system of the body.
- Pleural mesothelioma (mesothelioma of the pleura, the outer lining protecting the chest cavity as well as the lungs)
- Pericardial mesothelioma (mesothelioma of the pericardium, the sac enclosing the heart)
- Peritoneal mesothelioma (mesothelioma of the peritoneum, the lining protecting the abdominal cavity)
Based on the types of cells seen in a mesothelioma patient, mesothelioma can again be categorized into 3 types:
- Epithelioid mesothelioma (approximately 50 to 70 percent of all mesothelial cells)
- Sarcomatoid mesothelioma (least common mesothelioma cell type, approximately 10 to 15 percent)
- Biphasic mesothelioma (approximately 20 to 40 percent of all mesothelial cells)
Mesothelioma came to be widely known about only from about the 60s, when the symptoms started manifesting, and mesothelioma cases were diagnosed. Across America, for people working at facilities that were asbestos-related, it became a nightmare. This was more because at that time, asbestos, because of the number of advantages it had over other metals, was widely used across industries all over the world. It was a tragedy of epic proportions waiting to be unleashed, and when it was released, it wrought havoc in the lives of people all across America. Thousands lost their lives to mesothelioma, and even now, thousands more continue to fight this dreaded disease.
Even today, more than 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma in the USA. Today, mesothelioma victims and their relatives struggle to cope with the disease. For survivors of mesothelioma legal action against the industries that brought this disease on them has been one way of banishing the pain and agony they have had to undergo. For a number of victims of mesothelioma lawyers have been able to settle cases successfully. There are mesothelioma support groups to help mesothelioma victims and their relatives cope with life in the aftermath of the disease.